Klipsch SW-310

kle

All

I just got new Klipsch SUB-SW310 and Onkyo TX-NR809 receiver set for sub LFE 80hz , 0db for standar,

but on the sub volume i have to gain the volume up to 8 to hear the bass.

(SUB,) if i set the volume for 5 or 6 i can not hear the bass, and the volume on the sub standar 0-11

i did try on the receiver run audyssey got same result,

Did any one has this problem or maybe my new Sub defective. Please advise

Thanks!

Welcome to the forum!

On some Onkyo equipment, to get sub channel info when not playing content with a specific sub channel like BluRays, you get little to the sub unless you have some of your speakers set to small, or have a crossover set on some of them. For instance, set your rear speakers at 100Hz, or set them as small. If you start getting sub sound, then that was the problem.

edit: I checked your manual, and I was right. On that receiver, you need to set your speakers to something other than "Full Band". If you have THX certified speakers, you are supposed to set them at 80Hz. If you have a mishmesh of speakers in your system, then set your levels accordingly. The sub will respond at levels below whatever your highest crossover is set at (your smallest speakers). Here is a quote from your manual reqarding the LFE crossover you were talking about: "The LPF only applease to the sources that use the LFE channel."

What speakers do you have?

I did trying to resetting from Onkyo TX_NR809 receiver back to M/F defualt couple time got same results
Using Audyssey setting 7.1 home theater
Sounds came out very nice and clean but the Klipsch Sub bass not produce much i have gain sub volume to minimum
is 8. if i set for 5,6 can not hear anything on bass? very strange i think im going to exchange another one
Monster power AVS2000
Monster powercenter MK5100
Monster powercenter MK3600
Front SP Martin Logan Purity set 40hz
Center Klipsch RC-62 set 60hz
Surround Bose 301 set 60hz
Surround back Bose AM7 set 50hz
Subwoofer Klipsch SW-310 set 80hz
Thanks!

I did trying to resetting from Onkyo TX_NR809 receiver back to M/F defualt couple time got same results
Using Audyssey setting 7.1 home theater
Sounds came out very nice and clean but the Klipsch Sub bass not produce much i have gain sub volume to minimum
is 8. if i set for 5,6 can not hear anything on bass? very strange i think im going to exchange another one
Monster power AVS2000
Monster powercenter MK5100
Monster powercenter MK3600
Front SP Martin Logan Purity set 40hz
Center Klipsch RC-62 set 60hz
Surround Bose 301 set 60hz
Surround back Bose AM7 set 50hz
Subwoofer Klipsch SW-310 set 80hz
Thanks!

Before you send it back, try setting all of your speakers at a higher frequency crossover and see if that sends more signal to the sub. I have a lot of Onkyo and Integra equipment, and it will mess with what the sub gets depending on how sub capable your speaker setup is. IMO, you have your speaker settings too close to the cutoffs anyway. Crossovers are not perfect, and frequencies below 40Hz are being sent to your Martin Logans. A crossover is more of a curve like an equalizer. I would raise every speaker up 20 Hz, and make the LFE 110Hz. Then run Audyssey.

Onkyo is funny like that... In order to get the sub to work all the time (TX-SR-605/705), I set all speakers to "large" (4 Cornwalls and 2 Belles), made sure "double bass" is on, set LFE to 80 (just works better than the other choice). The source is either DTV (90% of the time) or the CD player or DVD player. When "cable/sat" is selected or CD is selected , I selected "all channel stereo". All speakers play, left and right respectively. If it's DVD and the sound (usually is 5.1), the I use the PLX or whatever setting that sounds best with that movie.

The sub (XW-300d) works fine; but the sub required between +3dB and +5dB on the settings to be effective (normal but not boomy).

Then I went to the Onkyo set-up and changed the "gain" on the sub from the default "0" to +3db. At that point, the sub's setting then became -0 or actually -3dB.

That being said..... when I use the sub in the man cave fed from Mac amp pre-out, the setting is now minus -9dB as the pre-out signal from the stereo amp is much stronger than the Onkyo.

If that makes any sense......

[H]

All

I just got new Klipsch SUB-SW310 and Onkyo TX-NR809 receiver set for sub LFE 80hz , 0db for standar,

but on the sub volume i have to gain the volume up to 8 to hear the bass.

(SUB,) if i set the volume for 5 or 6 i can not hear the bass, and the volume on the sub standar 0-11

i did try on the receiver run audyssey got same result,

Did any one has this problem or maybe my new Sub defective. Please advise

Thanks!

Is there any gain setting on Onkyo for sub-woofer? I vaguely recall that few years ago some of the Denons were plagued with something similar and there was a Subwoofer gain setting to 15dB to fix it.