Who am I? I'm SPIDERMAN!

Underhanded Penguin

I just saw this movie and let me say that foir a movie that I was not planning on liking, I LOVED this movie! For me it did EVERYTHING right. The cast was awesome. Toby Maguire gave the character a fragile/everyman quality and Wilem Dafoe was scary as the Green Goblin. This is not just a popcorn flick. Some of my all time favourite movies are:

Heat

Usual Suspects

eXistenZ

American Beauty

Mulholland Drive

Just to name a few.... and I must say that Spiderman now joins this list of favourite movies. It was that good. It was a very well done movie in all aspects by director Sam Raimi. His reputation as one of theb est cult movie directors is well deserved. There is always some sort of twisted dark quality in his movies that make it very interesting. All that aside, I believe a large part of the movie's success can be attributed to the quality writing at that age in Marvel Comics when Spiderman was first created. The movies adherance to the source really helped make it a great movie. I forgot that there was so much emotional weight in the Spiderman Comics. Spiderman is one of the best characters ever created in comics, and this movie really shows that.

-UP

------------------

Will you marry me Natalie Portman?

PENGUIN, Thanks for the review. I was an avid Spiderman comics fan as a kid. Can't wait to see this one on the big screen and there's very few I'll go to a theater to see these days. I'm sure I'll end up buying this one when it's released on DVD.

------------------

Lew

Not Too Old To Rock 'N' Roll

No problem lovedrummin. Please post back comments after you've seen the movie. I'm curious to see what other people think. So far everyone that I know that's seen it says they can't believe how good it was. I was surprised myself. I don't want to overhype it though... Please everybody go see it and post your reviews here!

-UP

------------------

Will you marry me Natalie Portman?

Great movie. Just saw it yesterday! The athleticability (spelling) of the CGI-rendered spiderman is just awesome! And Toby Maguire really gives PETER PARKER a geekish look at first (like at the bus). The fun part was when he was going to wrestle. You think he will come right on in with the real spiderman suit, but he just came in red clothes (kinda) Smile.gif LOL. See this movie, IT ROCKS!

I loved Bruce Campbell in here as the ring announcer. Also the car Uncle Ben was driving was "The Classic!!!!"

For those who don't know, "The Classic" is the first car Sam Raimi ever owned and has been in every single movie he has ever made, from Evil Dead on down. All this despite the fact the car has no engine and has to be put on rails to "run."