THX in-walls, in the ceiling, as sides...

Barmitag

I am looking at the THX Ultra2 set up, my only problem is the sides. On one side of my seating area, I have an open wall into the next room, and the other is a stone fireplace. So I really can't use the KS525 side speakers, and even mounting them on the ceiling points them the wrong way, and of course they'd be sticking down.

I'm thinking of using a pair of in-walls, in my ceiling (the in-ceiling speakers are too wide, my studs are just over 10 inches). And because they're horn tweeters designed as in-walls, I worry about high end dispersion when pointing down. I suppose they will be installed lengthwise (with me looking down the whole length of the speaker on the ceiling beside me).

I asked Tech Support, and they pointed out the in-walls might be too heavy and to ask my dealer. My dealer is one of those "we can solve any problem with enough money" ...sadly... mine.

Which in-walls would you guys recommend for this? The KL6502, KL6504, KL7800 or KS7800? And should I have the tweeter closest to me, or the woofer? I wonder if the KS-7800's tweeter set can be turned 90 degrees?

The CDT 3800 in-ceiling would fit, has a movable tweeter and all, but would have a different voice then the THX speakers and are only rated for 50 watts, and I imagine the sides would be turned up louder then usual to make up for pointing down.

Any ideas?

• Klipsch Employees

Your only choice is the KL-6502 or KL-6504 as the others are too wide to fit between your studs.

I would suggest reinforcing the area where you mount them with plywood to make sure they stay up there. They are heavy.

Give me a call if you need more help.

Trey

T Lu knows how to contact me.

• Like 1