Need tweeter or comparable for KSF-S5

Mezball

Hi all,

As the subject suggest. Recently, I noticed that one of the tweeters in my good old KSF-S5 isn't working correctly. Measuring with a sound meter it is about12-15 db below the other. I hooked up a meter to check ohm reading, and both fall with 4.1-4.2.

I tried switching the tweeters to the opposite connectors, and the one that was lower in sound was still the same but on the other connector. So, I've been looking for a replacement, but no luck. The manual calls for a 1" (2.54 cm)K-99-S neodymium magnet compression dirver, but the specs on the site calls for a K-99-SV 1" (2.54cm) Polymer dome compression driver, which one? or could I use a diiferent 1" driver from another Klipsch speaker similar in design? The markings on the driver itself reads 125492-1, 4ohm, and 9825.

Thanks!

• 2 weeks later...

Hi Mezball. I may have what you need. I think I have several of these drivers. Are the drivers attached with three screws (not bolts) which screw into the K-99 Horn. I have several of these but will need to check the numbers and ohmage. I'll make you a deal at $10.00, shipping included if I can match the numbers and you're interested. Thanks.