Best Earbuds for Working Out

dtximages

I wanted to post this because it's been a while since it's been discussed and things change and because Klipsch has changed their lineup.

I currently use the Klipsch Custom 3s for working out, running, mowing etc. I like them, but I think there is something better. I don't want the new cheaper S4s to be discussed in this thread because they're not wrap arounds nor do they sound as good.

I've noticed many other companies going to a foam eartip. I wonder if this necessary or what the drawbacks are.

Sennheiser seems to makes some very good looking / competitive IEMs in this price range.

Sometimes I love my Custom 3s but on some music they just don't sound that good. Kinda thin. And its very hard to get them set right in my ear.

Opinions? I would love a set of IEMs that are good for working out and that sound better or at least stay in the ear better.

I'd recommend a look at the Image S5i Rugged In-Ear Headphones http://www.klipsch.com/image-s5i-rugged-in-ear-headset. They are sweat-proofed which is really important for the situations you are describing, plus, in my experience, this design fits better which will probably and likely help with the thin sound you are referring to from your Custom 3s. I work out with S4i and X10i headphones and they are great as far as sound and staying in. But any sweat hitting the remote shorts it out until it dries out. That's where the S5i Rugged excel.

Ok, I had a set of the original S4's i believe and there was a very big difference in sound quality from those to my Custom 3s. So I've shy'd away from anything but Klipsch's top of the line IEMs.

I think you replied to my thread about the eartips as well. I'm trying to order some from Comply now. Have you tried the round ones? The TS-100 spherical shaped ones?