Klipsch Promedia GMX A-2.1 Control Pod

SeijiMuto

Hello, folks

Recently the left channel has cut out on me. I believe it's the control pod, because in the past it would some sometimes cut out. I'd adjust the wires a little, figet with my left/white right/red line-in adapter and it would pop on again. I switch out the left speaker and plugged it into the right channel, so I know it's not the speakers or speaker wires.

Do they sell alternative anywhere else? Maybe I can buy one? Or, is it possible to solder it somehow?

I know this is an older system, but I hate to get rid of it just because of the cheaply made pod controller. Everybody knows of the crackling problems, too.

94%7Cae78ea%7C629d_1048-control.jpg94%7Cf7571a%7Cb883_1048-ports.jpg

I'll be surprised if someone answers, but now it does seem the din output that is the problem. I pulled the din cable over to the left some while it was plugged in and the left channel popped on, but this is still at the pod control source and doesn't seem to be at the amp at all.

I wish they would just make a 9 pin replacement part for this..

So, do you think it's the cable and not a problem with the control pod input?

I guess what I'm getting at, though, is this a know issue with the cable?

Thank you for the offer!

Do you have website so if goes completely out I can have your contact information?

So far, as long as the cable's weight is being supported I've had no problems.

• 3 weeks later...

Dear Sir, If you are unfortunately unable to find parts and fix your system, you may want to consider selling your system for parts. I have a broken speaker stand, and you have major failure leading to an unusable system. Maybe this can be a win-win so you can purchase a new system. I can be reached at tim.phillips.tx@gmail.com. Thank you.