Got my SVS...Holy crap!

dblue

I received my SVS 25-31pci yesterday. I never could have imagined the impact it would make on my system(pun intended). The first thing I put in was Toy Story, for the Monsters Inc. preview. (Serious clear bass when they are banging on the door and when they burst through). It blows my mind the way the bass seems to be coming from each individual speaker even though they are all X'd over at 80 Hz. A big thanks to HornEd for recommending SVS. I'm totally blown away by it. Then I played Halo in glorious 5.1 for 3 hours. Here's my system.

Denon AVR-2802

2 Klipsch RF3II

2 Klipsch RS3II

1 Klipsch RC3II

1 SVS 25-31pci

Panasonic 32' HDTV (not sure of the model, but it is silver and styled like WEGA)

XBOX

PS2

Dreamcast

JVC DVD player (single disc, gold)

------------------

"May your mind be like water and mold to many things." -Bruce Lee

Well, dblue, now you can hear what I have been trying to say for so long... that in 5.1 an ADEQUATE bass makes a surprisingly HUGE difference in HT or music! SVS does the job for less money than all but a really good "Do-It-Yourselfer."

Klipsch has a very musical sub in the RSW-15, but it is not exactly in the budget sub class... nor should it be. As the second most important speaker in 5.1, getting an ADEQUATE sub should be a high priority.

In any event, I hope you bought it for a birthday present because it's sure to give you many happy returns! -HornED

Pic5.jpg

Congrats! :D

BTW, is your TV 16:9 or 4:3? Smile.gif

------------------

Coming soon...

Home Theater:

TV: (Still deciding)

A/V Receiver: Denon AVC-A11SR (European version of Denon AVR-4802)

DVD Player: Denon DVD-3800

Center: Klipsch RC-7

Mains: Klipsch RF-7s

Surrounds: Klipsch RS-7s

Subwoofer: SVS CS-Ultra w/Samson S1000 amplifier

It is a 4:3, Kain64. I do a lot of gaming, so the 4:3 works great. It looks great for movies too. When we (my girlfriend and I) went looking for TV's, the panasonic out performed all of the direct view sets in the same price range (around 1500) and the same size (32 inch). I definately smoked the Sonys, which seemed to have a warmer, but overall blurrier (harder to see the small details) picture. It features 420p, 720p, and 1080i modes (as most do), and a big feature for me was the 5 sets of inputs (all with composite, 2 with added component, and the remaining 3 with added s-video).

------------------

"May your mind be like water and mold to many things." -Bruce Lee

Sweet. Smile.gif

------------------

Coming soon...

Home Theater:

TV: Sony KV-ES38M91 (38" Direct View FD Triniton WEGA)

A/V Receiver: Denon AVC-A11SR (European version of Denon AVR-4802)

DVD Player: Denon DVD-3800

Center: Klipsch RC-7

Mains: Klipsch RF-7s

Surrounds: Klipsch RS-7s

Subwoofer: SVS CS-Ultra w/Samson S1000 amplifier