Klipsch KSP series

kdique

I just picked up a pair of each KSP 400 ksp S6 and the center channel ksp c6 any advice with setup of these i am going to use these in my bedroom about 12x12 i know its overkill but i love audio equipment. right now i have a harmon kardon avr 320 with klipsch quintets and a ksw 10 sub and it sounds great but i cant wait to set these up. Oh and also i will have a B&K avr 202 coming.

So any advice ?

Manuals and specs are still available:

http://www.klipsch.com/ksp-400-floorstanding-speaker

http://www.klipsch.com/ksp-s6-surround-speaker

http://www.klipsch.com/ksp-c6

The KSP mains are powered, meaning there'll probably be special setup considerations depending on your AV Receiver. Others may reply with more (or more useful ;) ) information.

Thanks for the useful info i will read up, also anyone use a iphone app or smartphone app to do sound calibrations for your own setup. I really want to go all out and set this up right. Any suggestions would help and of course i will read those manuals. Thanks jtnfoley.

my B&K AVR 202 came from UPS today,good deal at $140 on ebay, sounds greats, when i get the time i will set up the klipsch KSPs and post pics. Also anyone have expericence setting up a home theater using a mic for calibration? A guy i know at a local shop told me i could use a app on the IPHONE to setup and calibrate the system.

• 1 month later...

Here is the acquisition story. I look around all the time on my days off at local Pawn and thrift stores. The strangest things will show up randomly in these stores. I stopped by a Pawn store where I frequent that is close to my home this shop is just outside my town in Friendswood Tx which is a nice middle class town oustide of Houston near NASA. I saw these in perfect condition set of KSP's I spoke to the store manager and she knows i buy a lot from them and she gave me the set for $500 about double what they took it in for. Great deal still. I am know sitting in my living room lisetning to some Jazz while I type this. These speakers are nice and warm sounding perfect for christmas eve. Now i have to get my B&K 507 setup in the living room. I now will be on the hunt for another Klispch setup andy good suggestions on any nice klipsche setups from the past, as you can see I buy used because of the bargains i find, and i have no fear of things breaking because in my opinion almost anything can be reapaired. I would love to hear about where some of you guys find bargains or what setups you have.

Congrats on some nice speakers, They look like they will be a collectors items one day. I wonder since they are rated 200-800 watts, do they behave like RF 7's and have impedance dips below 4 ohms. Maybe some of the more knowledgeable forum members can address this question.Happy Holidays season to your and all of the Klipch forum family.