need some set up help

magic man

hi im a newb to this site glad i joined already love thes speakers anyway im trying to set up my system its a denon 2106 avr and quintet 111 speakers when i go intospeaker set up it askes for what hz and khz and -/+ dbs to set each speaker at this is were im stuck dont know what to set them at would please like your info and help and any other thoughts on how to set this system up o ya also have a 10 inch klipsch sub hooked up to it

Not familiar with that particular Denon. At any rate, start by betting all speakers to small and the crossover frequency at 80hz. Quintets are pretty small, so might even try 100hz. Then you'll need to run the test tone, usually pink noise, from the receiver and adjust each channel level. If you have a radio shack meter that would be best. My guess is you'll be doing it by ear. Just try to adjust the level of each speaker and the sub to the same level. It's all personal prefernce anyway. After you've done that, listen and adjust the levels to taste. Some like to bump up the sub and center a little. Some bump the surrounds. Again, your choice. Definately try to find a mic on ebay or something though.

Don't have a Denon, but set your speakers at 80Hz, and set the LFE if there is one at 120 Hz.

The +/- is based on how it sounds from your listening position. Make the center 0, and make all the other channels whatever to make them equal the center. Either + or minus.

edit: Correction, the quintet speakers are 125Hz+. Set them at 120Hz if possible. Set the LFE at 120 if there is a setting.

Full Denon manuals are available free at : http://www.usa.denon.com/us/Downloads/Pages/InstructionManual.aspx

Quintet iii manual is here: http://mediacdn.shopatron.com/media/mfg/3579/media_document/live_1/QuintetIIIManual.pdf?1288056623

Don't know which 10" sub you have, but doubtful you need a manual for that.

Setup microphones are available all over Ebay for Denon receivers. I think you have this one: http://www.ebay.com/itm/NEW-Denon-AUDYSSEY-DM-A405-Stereo-Microphone-/320726112650?pt=LH_DefaultDomain_0&hash=item4aacc4198a

actually i think i finally got it switched thes denon avr are kind of complicated caompared to yahmahas

Great!

You might also try the crossover frequency up one to 150 Hz, as the smaller speakers are 125Hz+. That would tend to make the sub more directional, but it may improve the overall sound. Be sure the manual crossover dial on the sub is disabled, or as high as it will go, as you are using the receiver crossover, and redundancy will only degrade the experience.