Love Apple TV/Music

shake777

All, Very impressed with the sound from my ipad and appletv combo. The sound is right there with the best redbook cds and a hair better than some. The not so good doesn't sound great but it sounds better. The ipad gives a great readable display and its a tremendously useful tool in other regards outside the scope ot this mini-reveiw if not a bit pricey. I'm listening in stereo right now because I blew one of my monoblocks and I'm amazed at the lifelike detail, not to mention the ease of use with itunes. Accordingly is the ease of creating huge libraries of music and smaller specialized playlists as well. One annoying issue is that I sometimes get drop outs in the connection and a second or two of silence. I guess I'll have to get on the phone with Applecare. Another, probably foughter isssue is that I'm hoping to become more involved in lossless digitized music as well. I spoke to someone recently who is highly knowlegeable on the subject and he told me to abandon hope that the process will become simplified by apple or anyone else. So I guess I'm in for another bit of education. Anyway for the $99.00 I'm happy. If you don't like it you can return within 14 days in my part of the world. Nic

BigSM, They also offer a free 90 day phone support which can be extended for two years for thirty dollars. I bought that because I get into trouble with these things sometimes. You don't have to buy it right away. You can try it out for the ninety days with free phone support and then buy it if you like. They remind you when the 90 days is up. If you're pretty sharp with these things you won't need it. Nic