Revamping a pair of Forte 1

The Dude

I thought I had a schematic for these but I don't one might be needed but don't know yet. Is there any way to remove the passive easily to access some of the wires so I can remove the the crossover so I don't have to work off the back of the speaker. Also the 47uf cap is glued to one of the transformers is it necessary to re glue the new one to it. Any advice is recommended.

Is the grill fabric brown or is mine just old and dirty, has any one ever tried dieing there speakers grills I was thinking of using some dierite either black or brown what ever color it is supposed to be.

Thanks

Nick

here is a link for you there is a schematic on the second page lots of good pictures. Simply unscrew the passive you may need to give the cabinet a whack if it sticks in place you will also have to unscred the terminal cup. As to the grills they are synthetic fabric an the dye will not likely set on that my advice would be to remoce the old grill buy new and start from scratch less BS in the long haul. Hope this is of interest best regards Moray James.

http://community.klipsch.com/forums/p/43003/402272.aspx#402272

I think that your best option is to build your networks up on a chunk of board as Bob C does and install it on the bottom of the cabinet. That way you can space things as you wish. The large gage inductors will make a big difference. Good luck with the network and don`t forget to switch to Ti horn diaphragms. Give me a PM. Best regards Moray James.

Guest Anonymous

Its likely best to rebuilt it. rather than having the caps off the side. it would work, but, would look great.

Also, the cap might be glue to stop any vibration maybe...not sure. i have to rebuild the xovers for one of the set of my la scalas. honest, the new caps make the difference on the board, they were alot smaller. i agree witht he comment on the bottom of the cabinet.