How to choose my new Receiver

Perkster029

Hello Forum!

Because of the magic of black friday, I have recently acquired a brand new set of speakers:

KF-28s
KC-25
KS-14s

And I'm going to keep my old KSW-12 subwoofer

This is my first 5.1 setup, I just had two floorstandings and a sub before, so the receiver I have doesn't work for me now. I need a new one, and I'm hoping to grab it on Cyber Monday. Requirements are several HDMI ports, upscale conversion, and plenty of RMS power (KF-28's are rated at 150 W RMS, and from what I understand underpowering speakers is what damages them).

Suggestions?

well first off, you arent going to find a AVR that will power your speakers at their 150 rated watts. Distortion is what damages speakers.

Onkyo, Denon, Marantz are all good brands and should be looked into.

I know they have the onkyo 809 on sale at newegg for $649 which is a great deal.

The maximum I'd like to pay is $1000. Naturally, the less the better (if it still does what I want it to).

based on what I'm seeing online, I'd like to aim around 600-800

Edit: That SC-35 looks like one HELL of a receiver! I'd jump on a sale for that, but it seems a little pricey for what I have in mind.

Does anyone have any thoughts on the Pioneer Elite's a step or two below that one?

outlaw model 7125 + Marantz sr5005 at outlawaudio.com for $1300 if you wanted to stretch your budget a bit. Or pick up an Emotiva UMC-1 for $500 and get the same outlaw amp. Or just get the sr5005 receiver. $1000 is some good coin to drop on a receiver. You would be in a position to jump into separates as i suggested with a power amp or just a standalone really good receiver.