Subwoofer Help: RW-12D vs XW-300D

Dysmae

Hey guys. I am posting this in the HT forum since it gets more traffic. As a lot of you know, newegg has the 12D sub for a crazy $299. Now, I really haven't had any interest in this sub, but I love a great deal and this is as good as they come. I don't really need a new subwoofer, but I was curious about its performance. Now, I LOVE my xw-300d. It is super tight and controlled and clean. It's a sealed subwoofer. The 12D is a vented subwoofer. Now, I'm sure the 12D will put out plenty of more db, but my 300d goes down to 22hz where the 12D goes down to 24hz. What I would really want is a XW-500D for $299, but they are hard to find. Does anyone have any insight or impressions on the RW-12D? As always, thanks for any help.

Hey guys. I am posting this in the HT forum since it gets more traffic. As a lot of you know, newegg has the 12D sub for a crazy $299. Now, I really haven't had any interest in this sub, but I love a great deal and this is as good as they come. I don't really need a new subwoofer, but I was curious about its performance. Now, I LOVE my xw-300d. It is super tight and controlled and clean. It's a sealed subwoofer. The 12D is a vented subwoofer. Now, I'm sure the 12D will put out plenty of more db, but my 300d goes down to 22hz where the 12D goes down to 24hz. What I would really want is a XW-500D for $299, but they are hard to find. Does anyone have any insight or impressions on the RW-12D? As always, thanks for any help.

You should get a huge response. A ton of people here took advantage of that offer. Unfortunately I am not one of them.

I have two of the 12ds and have been using them in mt HT for 6 months. I really like them for this application, but I don't find them to be particularly musical. I haven't heard the X series, but my guess is that it is a bit better for music since it has a relatively large amp and is sealed. The tighter bass is probably more complimentary to the Icon line.

I got 4 of the RW-12d's from newegg.

For movies and games they work great.

I cant really say much about with music bacause I have not really found a good setting with my amp that will do 2.1.

I was just messing around with the Test CD that I down loaded from here and with all 4 running at about 17-18 HZ I could start to hear/feel them.

Just by changing the phase I was able to move my sweet spot of bass to my sitting position.

It was about 8 feet behind me.