My U-571 has no center channel!

justin_tx_16

Ok. I tried to watch U-571 in dolby digital 5.1 on my sony DVP-NS400D. I got absolutely no dialog. So, i thought maybe it was the DVD player. I put the DVD in my other setup with a SONY DVP-NS700P using the Klipsch Audio Tornado to decode the DD 5.1 signal, still, no dialog, at all. Finally, tried it on my computer using PowerDVD 4.0XP DTS and Dolby and WinDVD4 DTS and Dolby, no center channel or dialog. So, niether the DTS or DD audio is working... Is this common? It drives me crazy because I either have to read their lips or read sub titles.

There really is a little dialog, but you have to put your speakers so loud to hear it (and it is not in the center speaker) that if a door slams or a car honks, you are officially deaf for the night.

has anyone experienced this before?

------------------

-justin

SoundWise Support

A technical help site created by me and my fellow Klipschers

I am an amateur, if it is professional;

ProMedia help you want email Amy or call her @ 1-888-554-5665 or for an RA# 800-554-7724 ext 5

Klipsch Home Audio help you want, email support@klipsch.com or call @ 1-800-KLIPSCH

RA# Fax Number=317-860-9140 / Parts Department Fax Number=317-860-9150s>

it is not to hear them better... it is to hear them at all. if i put it in stereo mode, i can hear everything just peachy...

------------------

-justin

SoundWise Support

A technical help site created by me and my fellow Klipschers

I am an amateur, if it is professional;

ProMedia help you want email Amy or call her @ 1-888-554-5665 or for an RA# 800-554-7724 ext 5

Klipsch Home Audio help you want, email support@klipsch.com or call @ 1-800-KLIPSCH

RA# Fax Number=317-860-9140 / Parts Department Fax Number=317-860-9150s>

• 1 year later...

justin, it could just be the encoding, sometimes they miss, misprint the disc, or the way it is being read by your machines, for instance rotel advertizes dts, on thier 1080, but sometime before it went into production dts changed thier algorythms, so all of the 1080 had to be reprogrammed12.gif