Broken DIN Port on Promedia 2.1 Subwoofer

kodachrome22

I've looked around this forum and the web for my issue and I couldn't find anything. Most of the problems seem to pertain to the control pod connector as opposed to the "port" (female side) on the sub itself.

I'm on my second control pod and it finally started to give, so I went to reseat the DIN connector and the black plastic part from the sub came out with the control pod connector. Now on the sub I can see exposed pins, but trying to jam the plastic piece back in doesn't work because the pins have to be lined up precisely.

Is reseating/replacing the female DIN port something that can be fixed easily/cheaply, or should I just buy a new/used subwoofer off of eBay for around $40?

The part itself is likely similar to this board mounted (through hole) component found at digikey:

http://parts.digikey.com/1/parts/264955-conn-mini-din-6-pin-female-pcb-md-60sm.html

If you're comfortable enough with soldering/desoldering components, I 'd say it's also possible you simply hardwire your existing control pod to the Subwoofer (eliminating the problematic din conneciton once and for all). Either way, you'll need some soldering skill to repair it.

I don't think the system is a complete loss if the din plug is the only bad component.

I am having the same issue , however, I've soldered all the colored cables in their respective places on the subwoofer board just opposite where the female din is, checked with multimeter, my question is: where does the shield wire go? It's supposed to be ground, but when i attach it to the ground it doesn't work..