RC-64 and RS-62s swap for RC-52 and RS-42 iis

jreene

This is my first post, but Ive had Reference speakers for a few years. I found a guy on CL that is selling/downgrading an RC-64 and RS-62s and I offered to trade him my rc-52 and rs-42iis plus 500$. Everything is in very good condition on both sides. what do you guys think of this deal??

Jreene,

Welcome to the forum.

What main speakers would you be pairing the 64 and 62's with? Did you get a good deal on your RC-52 and RS-42II's originally?

Of course the RC-64/RS-62 combo is far superior to the RC-52/RS-42II combo.

Bill

RF-35s. Obviously the RC-64 would be the highlight of the system, but i think the 35s could keep up.

I think you would be fine with that combo.

I spent 600 total for the rs-42 iis and rc-52

That makes $1100.00 for the RC-64/RS-62's combo. Maybe an okay deal but definitely a much better setup.

If it is worth it to you, do it.

Bill

RF-35s. Obviously the RC-64 would be the highlight of the system, but i think the 35s could keep up. I spent 600 total for the rs-42 iis and rc-52

The Rf-35's will keep up well with a RC64 . Best upgrade I did was to add the RC64,front stage is so much fuller then with RC62 originally

post-50163-13819667276508_thumb.jpg

Ya...I decided to go for it, but i cant pick them up till next thursday. Hopefully he will hold on to them for me...he said he wouldnt guaruntee anything. Fingers crossed!

I just bought an hd projector and a 92" screen and I feel like the RC-64 would really fill out the screen.