Anyone biwire RF-3II's with Denon 2802?

zandern

I was just wondering if anyone out there has, and if you did, did you notice any difference? I heard from a dealer that it won't help, which surprized me having a dealer tell me not to buy more wire. Any thoughts?

------------------

The 17th school is done, no more forum for me. :(

it can't be worse...

it will probably make a small difference, and whether that difference is worth the cost is up to you.

the only real way to tell is to actually try it!

------------------

http://members.fortunecity.com/sebdavid - go laugh at my crappy website/equipment

http://www.dvdprofiler.com/mc.asp?alias=Sebdavid - go laugh at my puny little DVD collection

Zandern-

I biwired mine with a Denon 3801. I found a noticible difference in the sound. (however, it could have simply due to the slight change in the volume, not a truely an effect of "better" wiring). I suggest if you want to try it, go to a store that will allow you to return the cable if you are not happy with the difference.

-dbl

------------------

Home Theater

Boa-

I upgraded a long time ago (9+ months) so i'm going on some memory and i have learned a WHOLE lot since then about acoustics. I esentailly moved from single Monster Cable MCX-1S to the same cable but the Bi-wire version. I did feel that the lower freq. were stronger, as for the overall sound, possibly a slight improvement (can't recall exact improvements). Do i think that these improvements are the result of better engineered cable, NO (please, no cable debate, its simply my opinion) I do feel that the percieved increase was due to effectively doubling the copper cable. This was before i actually had a RS SPL meter, so i couldn't calibrate both cable setups to the same SPL and see if the difference wasn't due to a slight increase in volume. I'm sitting here dying in Kansas w/o my Klipsch, so i can't do a good test. Frown.gifFrown.gif

-dbl

------------------

Home Theater

thanks dr. just curious if it improved the imaging like it did for me, tough i don't know why. cwm5.gif

i used pretty much the same monster biwires on both of my sys, & especially w/ the rf-3 that are farther apart in the listening lounge, the sound shifted more to center. kinda uncanny like it was coming from between the stereo speaks instead of from the sides. also some improvement in the highs & bass too i think.

i'm suffering here in KS (KC area) all the time. i feel your pain. Biggrin.gif

------------------

My Home Systems Page