This forum is a candy store and I am a kid

ldl01031

To answer your questions...

1 - No. Biamping will make no difference with the passive crossovers. So, not really worth the bother.

2 - if it's setting your center at max down level then something isn't right in your setup. The center (or any other speaker for that matter) should not be getting set at the max value. You might try running the setup again? Are you using multiple positions in the setup or just the main listening position? As pertains to the RP-450...newer doesn't necessarily mean better.

not necessarily. For instance my speakers are 104 db. Which is extremely efficient. In my room, my LCR all max out at -12. They play at like 78 if I remember right. So if my receiver could go down more it would set them all three at -15. But it can't. So I have to turn the surrounds and subs up to level match them and then my reference is offset by three. So instead of zero I only go to -3 to be at reference. Zero would actually be +3 in my room. If that makes sense.

Now my speakers are night and day different than the op's but I'm guessing the fact that he's setting 6 feet from three pretty good size Klipsch speakers that they would easily max out. So an spl meter of some sort needs to be bought to make sure everything is matched