Which Active Xover

jcmusic

Which active xover and amps are you using to bi amp your system? Please give me some of the details for your setup, I am looking for the right path. My setup is: I have two tube amps one 25wpc pp the other 2wpc set. khorns with v trac upgrades and alk xovers. My plan is to bi amp my system using the 25wpc amp on the LF, and the 2wpc amp on the Mid-HF with an active xover.

Jay

Also interested in reading discussion. 25 and 30watt tubes. 25 watt fisher, 30 watt mc30s. will timing be affected between base and mid range. I Do not want to hi jack this post.

I don't see how timing would be affected unless the original xover incorporated a delay but I'm not sure there would much benefit to running 25w on top and 30w on the bottom. Aside from the amps' sonic signatures, you wouldn't really hear much difference and in the end, may not warrant the effort and expense.

The active xover setup would give you the opportunity to try a low-watt amp (like SET) on top with either the Fisher or MC-30s on the bottom or the Fisher or MC-30s on top with a high-watter on the bottom (+150w SS or digital). THEN you'd hear a difference and it'd just be a matter of matching the amps' signatures. Have fun.