Project X

Kid Notorious

I am building a new center channel speaker for my theater set up. Currently on the table is a K-77, Two K-2-K 8" , and K-700. Plans for the enclousure is 3/4" thick mahogany plywood 36"x 13.5" x 13.5" (Have four 4'x8' sheets just for future fun). In hopes that I can speacial order a Crites crossover to make it purr.

Now to the question, "Which driver would be best suited for this application using the K-700"?

Hi Kid,

I don't know what your L&R mains are, but I have a couple extra K-52 squawker drivers that Klipsch used in many places such as Heresy II, Cornwall II, Forte and Chorus, KLF 20 and 30 plus a few more in their pro line.

You can have one or both for $25 each, plus shipping. If you are in the Dallas/Fort Worth area, we may be able to get it down there with no shipping. My brother lives in Denton.

Yes I would be interested in those drivers. I'll be home from the holidays on the 3rd. We can get together and I'll send you out the money. My zip code is 79110. I appreciate all the help.

The center channel will be used to replace the KG3 that I am currently using. The main and surrounds are all KG3s, supported by two bass bins with 12" subs. Powered by a Yamaha RX-471 and Carver TFM-55x to the subs.

I have the Klipsh Fever once again! On the back burner is 1 La Scala II and a Carver TFM-15cb that I have aquired. Piece by piece I'm working on having the front end taken care of by three La Scalas and the surrounds by Heresys. With five TFM-15 and 1 TFM-55 powering the system. Big dreams