jamestown screen keeps fallen

The Dude

My buddy has a Jamestown 120" screen and a all in wall speaker system, with 2 inwall 10" subs being pushed by a Dayton plate amp 240 watts pushing both. Problem is it is rattling It off the wall.

Any screen mounting tips to keep it from falling off the wall.

Thanks

Nick

My buddy has a Jamestown 120" screen and a all in wall speaker system, with 2 inwall 10" subs being pushed by a Dayton plate amp 240 watts pushing both. Problem is it is rattling It off the wall. Any screen mounting tips to keep it from falling off the wall. Thanks Nick

Should the wall itself be braced so it doesn't oscillate so much? They make in-wall subs that have opposing drivers to reduce the vibrations. I think it is Paradigm that makes them. Though it might be Revel.

As for anchoring the screen make sure the thing is mounted into studs. Also make sure the bottom is also anchored so it doesn't hop on the top anchors, which I suspect is what is happening. Cleat type hangers are very solid, and the bottoms can be adhesive tacks. They stick to the actual frame bottom and push into the drywall.

cleat-600.jpg

stickies.jpg