Yamaha RX-A1010BL -Vs- Onkyo TX-NR809 - Assistance Pls!

Joaquin

Hey Guys,

RX-A1010BL vs Onkyo Tx-NR809, what's your preference?

I've spent the last 5-6 hours looking up for the best A/V receiver (hopefully for the better) for what would be my new klipsch speaker system. I'll try to be as specific as possible in the light of the best opinions. Perhaps quite a few of you can relate or also share suggestions

My Room/Equipment as of now:

- 15x11 closed door room. No neighbors to worry about

- 55 3D LED LW5700

- Sony 3D BDP-BX58

- PS3 Very likely to buy anytime now:

- Pending purchase: (2) RB-61 II Bookshelf Speakers, (1) RC-52 II Center Channel Speaker, (2) RS- 42 II Surround Speakers, (1) BIC Acoustech PL-200 Subwoofer - Very likely addition in 3-4 more weeks: (2) RB-51 II Bookshelf Speakers for a 7.1 home theater - (2) Klipsch AW-500 Outdoor Speakers

Any suggestions or final thoughts will definitely be much appreciated :)

YPAO vs Audyssey ...this forum favors Audyssey a lot while a great percentage of elsewhere favors YPAO.

The good thing with the Yamaha it seems that I can calibrate/equalize anything manually, I can't do so with the Audyssey. Lots of people love Audyssey here, but long terms I wonder if I'll end up wanting to manually do my own adjustments. There must be a way so I guess I'll continue reading, but so far I am liking the Onkyo more as it has HQV and way better price than the RX-A1010.

Here goes 1-2 more hours :)

Guest davidness

Onkyo because of audyssey.

Yamaha because YPAO...

I'm kidding a bit, as I've only had the Yamaha, but I really like mine, a Yamaha RX-Z7. The one feature I *really* like is the built in web server/interface, so that I can control the unit from my web-enabled iPhone and my iPad.

Does the Onkyo have either a web interface, or an available iOS application?

Guest davidness

Does the Onkyo have either a web interface, or an available iOS application?

I researched my own question:

"Supports Onkyo Remote App for Control of A/V Receiver via iPod/iPhone* and Android Phone*2"

So, yes, the Onkyo does seem to have the ability to be remote controled via my iOS device.