Power DVD buzzing

Lorca

I've just started using PowerDVD 4.0-- which provides better sound than WinDVD. However, I am getting a buzzing sound when playing DVD's. Buzzing in all four speakers. The buzzing does not ocurr when using any other application. Is there something wrong with the settings? It can be very annoying, at times.

I have a Soundblaster Live!5.1 Value sound card.

Thanks

quote:

Originally posted by Lorca:

I've just started using PowerDVD 4.0-- which provides better sound than WinDVD. However, I am getting a buzzing sound when playing DVD's. Buzzing in all four speakers. The buzzing does not ocurr when using any other application. Is there something wrong with the settings? It can be very annoying, at times.

I have a Soundblaster Live!5.1 Value sound card.

Thanks

How would you define a buzzin sound? I have experienced sort sort of "old radio static"-type sound with Powerdvd XP 4.0, and the problems disappeared when I started using Windvd instead.

By the way, I think it is a matter of opinion what program produces the best sound. I prefer Windvd, also because it gives a better picture.

-Hardy

I had the exact same problem. That is because I had my Creative Surround Mixer set to Movie Mode and "CD-line" was turned on. Turn this off by UNbulletting it. Your problem should be solved now. By the way I had SPDIF turned on for my audio in PowerDVD. If you select 4 speakers etc... you won't get the buzz. Hope this helps a little.