KP-201 ACQUISITION AND SOME QUESTIONS

t-man

I just found and acquired a nice pair of KP-201s along with the factory Klipsch Tripod Stands to go with them. Overall, the speakers are in good shape with a few rubs, and scuffs here and there. They were hardly used according to the owner, and only roaded a couple times. Can anybody here recommend a good rattle can solution to touch these up with that matches the factory color/sheen? As a note, mine currently have the cloth grill coverings, but are missing the logos. Can anybody help determine the correct style and location of the factory logos on the cloth covered KP-201s? A clear photo would be great.

I will also say that I have listened to qutie a few Klipsch speakers in my listening room including all the KG series, Heresy II, Quartet, KLF 30 and KLF 20. I presently am using a nice set of KLF 20 as my main speakers and have a Sub with mains crossed over at 60 HZ. For fun last night, I put the KPs on top of the KLFs, and hooked them up with the sub - no Audyseey. They sounded OK, but they were not nearly as detailed and lively as my KLFs. This is what I remember from when I had a pair of my buddy's mint HIIs over for week to try out. I will say that I REALLY liked my Quartets, tough. I wish I still had my Quartets to do some more direct comparisons to the KPs.

Thanks!
Troy

Love my KP201's. There are threads here and on the Updates Forum that talk about these speakers and finishes. Use the SEARCH field within this FOrum Area and I'm sure your questions will be answered there. These are HII's in battle dress with a better crossover imho. Logos would have been in the lower right corner of the metal grille, will have to check my KP250's to see where they put them on Pro with Heritage cloth. The original badges were the 1x6 flat metal painted black with klipsch logo painted in white, some where he 1x3 chrome-look plastic. I have some Heritage style badges in silver with black writing that would also look nice and were used on speakers like the HSM slant monitor pro Klpsch.