Receiver

JR1987

I tried the search function and could not find an answer that suited me. So hopefully an expert can assit.

I am looking at a pair of Klipsch Heresy HWO's (72, I think... maybe 79. I forget, the serial number has an S in it). I read somewhere that it is recommended to keep them under 100 watts of supplied power. My current stereo receiver is a Sony at 100 watts 8ohm. My mother has been saying she likes my setup for the TV (let's face it, TV speakers are bad) and I told her when I upgrade she can have my old speakers and receiver. I am currently looking at a Pioneer SX 626 which a spec sheet I found said puts out 27 watts, and another sheet said 110 watts at 4ohm.

It's vintage, it's old, but I actually like the style of it. It just looks...fancy. Black and silver are overrated, the fake wood cab just looks cool to me. Anyway, I can't find reliable info online, can anyone help me out?

Here's some good info:

http://www.classic-audio.com/pioneer/sx0626.html

Your speakers are quite sensitive and don't need much power. If you aren't going to listen at ear splitting levels, 27 watts will do fine. I use a 38 wpc vintage Marantz to power my Icon W 2-channel rig. You can hook up 250 watts to those if you want, but its not necessary. One thing to note is that you might have to put an extra $100-200 into having a vintage rig serviced.