Small gig DJ setup

kg4guy

Just finished loading a few Bose subs I had , I know Bose no highs no lows must be Bose, but thanks to djk I got the two 302 subs loaded with woofers. I had posted on Speakerplans.com a question for a good replacement woofers and most all the responses were going to cost me about $1200 to load them with Beyma or Ciare woofers ouch anyway djk had responded with the DAYTON AUDIO ST305-8 12" SERIES II WOOFER and on sale at $77 each a great deal . I got them loaded and man these are the ticket sound as good or better than the single I have that was loaded and these work great for small DJ gigs and people can identify with Bose and think it great ??????

yer killing me mang. I did a show with a setup that had couple subs and couple of those (901?) tops per side in a city part this summer , they had even dispersion and sounded very natural but their efficiency took a load of amps and with only one 15 amp circuit I kept dimming the lights on the PA board! The band thought the little 4x5" montior strips pretty cheesy but acoustic guitars and voice sounded pretty spot on. (Ben - the show was Healing Sixes at city park Crawfordsville - Lew Wallace Days)

yer killing me mang. I did a show with a setup that had couple subs and couple of those (901?) tops per side in a city part this summer , they had even dispersion and sounded very natural but their efficiency took a load of amps and with only one 15 amp circuit I kept dimming the lights on the PA board! The band thought the little 4x5" montior strips pretty cheesy but acoustic guitars and voice sounded pretty spot on. (Ben - the show was Healing Sixes at city park Crawfordsville - Lew Wallace Days)

Kinda thought this would ruffle your feathers sorry the 802-ll aren't the power hogs the older 800's and 802-l's I used them at a place called the loft http://eventsattheloft.com/ with two Crown xti's one sub and the 802's ran the sub in bridge mono and crossed it at 180Hz it was great in this room.

I was actually trying to be kind about them. We were trying to fill a city park and that's all the PA operator had set up for us. Voltage got so low I couldn't use any of he digital delays or processing because they kept crashing. But I never blew the circuit and the PA guy said that's the best his system had ever sounded.

I was actually trying to be kind about them. We were trying to fill a city park and that's all the PA operator had set up for us. Voltage got so low I couldn't use any of he digital delays or processing because they kept crashing. But I never blew the circuit and the PA guy said that's the best his system had ever sounded.

That sounds like it woul be way too small a PA to fill a city park and I would guess require more electricity and power amps and speakers to fill the park? Or at least a lot more amperage. The Bose stuff can sound very good but is more power hungry compared to other PA equipment that requires a lot less power. With the limited power here I think a pair of KP250's with a pair of subs would've had a better chance?

True need a few good subs I went to a Lakers game at Staples Center and man they have a kick butt PA System strands of line array's around the entire ceiling with what looked to be Danley Cinemonsters on the top of each array man that bass hit hard in that place that to me was the most amazing thing about going there.[8-|]