Thorens TD145 question

Guest Anonymous

Guest Anonymous

So i was super exicted to pick up this Thorens TD145, which is in great condition, sounds awesome(after a new needle). Cover is in mint condition...

Here's the problem, got it home playing for a while, the volume O/P seems to be adjusting itself, going up and down. I started messing around with the RCA plugs(which are original) on the back for left and right and they are not making good contact. I think i've seem somewhere that some have upgraded RCA jacks.

Anyone else seen this? i think i'm on the right track?[8o|]

You probably are right on track; I've had one channel drop out completely because of bad contact at the rca plug. My problem was the phono input socket on my amp; a little cleaning fixed it. You can swap left and right channels to isolate the problem. Look at your cartridge connections and follow the wiring to the rca plugs. The rca wires on my 145 have been replaced; this indicates a problem with old wires. My 145 sounds great; well worth your effort to replace the wires. Good luck.

You might want to make sure the cart connections are good and tight, for a low price you can easliy replace the rca connections on the player. I had to do this to my 166 mk2 havent had a problem since even used some cheapos from a local hard ware store. Good luck I know it will sound great once the problem is gone.