Tips on Tweaking KSW12 Sub?

belial

I'm looking to improve the sound of my KSW12 sub for my home theater. Any tweaks out there you have found to be usefull?

I know placement is important. I currently have the sub in a corner. If I put it closer to the corner, say just a few inches away, it seems to give the bass more impact, but it also distorts it somewhat ... In my opinion, the cleaner the sound, the better.

Anyone know any tips at all for improving sub sound?

I got an RP-3 on trade just one, the 10inch didnt at all keep up with the cornwalls i had, and wouldnt match the chorus either!

So i modified a JBL 12 driver in the box, not using the top end at all, then finally pulled the amp, and drivers and modified another sub with it, the 18inch i have today!

The Klipsch subs are a bit weak, i dont know how to help you on this, maybe get the SW15 instead, i spent 500.00 on this 18inch all together, the sw 15 is 600.00 so i still saved 100.00 and got an even bigger sub in the long run!

Place the sub around the room, behind you, beside you, left, or right sides on the front, if its not putting out good bass, consider a bigger one!

The RP-3 and RP-5s both have a powered sub, i guess that would fill the entire spectrum of sound, i think it would be to much, id keep the bass settings flat!

I have the bass boost flat with this 18inch sub!

If your turning the sub up to max bass output, and its still not pushing the bass, you either have a full room of furniture, hollow floor, somethings wrong with the sub, or its just a bigger one needed!

I hope this helps you out, some one else will give you suggestions here on the BB!

Good luck

Regards Jim

bel, have you tried the phase switch?

or may have to turn down the output some - the sub should be within about 5db higher or same as your other speaks level (& u really need to use a sound meter).

besides placement, that's about the only 2 things i can think of to most easily tweak a sub. Smile.gif

------------------

My Home Systems Page