Cornwalls or Fortes?

Rhetor

Putting together a 5 speaker setup for my wife . . . Trying to decide between Cornwalls or Fortes for the fronts . .

I do like bass in the music, but do not want to put in a sub . . . So which speaker, Cornwall or Forte, will I get more of the bass line with?

I have never auditioned either speaker and have no one close who has both to auction his.hers.

Thoughts?

Cornwall drops like a rock at a little under 40 Hz. A Forte or Forte ll will have a 3 db down at about 32Hz. I know that Cornwall guys will tell you the cornwall has deeprt better bass which I am sure they believe but the Forte goes lower. I would rather have the Forte ll myself but that's just me. The forte is a very reasonable size (half that of a Cornwall). Find some of each and listen to them only you can make the decission because they are both great speakers with lots to love about them This is like picking a wife.Don't rule out a pair of KLF20 either if they pop up in your local. Better than either in my view. Best regards Moray James.