RW-10D Subwoofer setup..

Instant Karma

Hello everyone.

I have been having problems getting my Klipsch RW-10D sub to sound the way I want it.

My setup:

Klipsch RF 52s for the front, RCA crappy center speaker, and 2 RCA rears (for now). The sub is positioned in the middle of the room, behind the TV which is on a stand, in between the 2 RF52s. I have the Yamaha RXV667 reciver, and the LPF is set to 90Hz. The RW-10D is set on 90Hz as well, and the setting is on PUNCH. I have the phase set on 0. The volume on the sub is 0Db. The room is 18x16Ft. I have a PS3 hooked up via HDMI to the Yamaha Receiver. The RF 52s are Bi-Amped as well. The woofer is hooked up via monster cable from "sub-woofer out" slot on receiver.

My problem:

I listen to a lot of old classic rock (Zeppelin, Floyd, The Doors) and I find that the sub is really boomy and loud for some songs and then not loud enough for other songs. I have been copying CDs on to my PS3 at 320bits to try and make sure I'm getting the best sound. The sub sounds great on Blu-Rays and movies, and most NEWER music. But I cant get the bass sound I want on the older tunes.

I know what you are saying.

I just got a Led Zepplin Box set a few months ago.

It just did not ever sound really good.

And I have come to the conclusion its the recordings.

Get a good SACD like Pink Floyd Dark side of the moon or Dire Straits Brothers in arms.

I got them on Amazon.

Once you have a good recording you can compare them to the others.

Hi. I recently got the RW-12D (cousin) and had a lot of work to get it to sound how I wanted it. Initially, I also had it in the middle of the front wall. Never got the bass I wanted. So, I moved it to a rear corner. Now, it sounds amazing!

Some have mentioned that these subs were designed to be in a corner. Not sure how true that is, but for me, it was like night and day.

So, give it a try...move the sub to other locations and see if it sounds like you want.