Sunfire Subs Current Draw

Hi im looking at getting a Sunfire sub but am concerened with the amount of current it will be drawing. I have other electronics running off the same circut and need to know if im going to need more current in the room to run a sunfire or not anyone have any input on this subject.

I'm running two sunfires and haven't had any problems-- but I did have dedicated circuits wired in. If you want to see how the Sunfires perform, zap me an e-mail--partaymon@yahoo.com-- I'm also in Terre Haute.. you're welcome to come have a listen!

I'm running each sub and my Cinema Grand of individual circuits. I didn't always do this-- and didn't have any problems-- but decided not to take the chance on tripping a breaker when I'm partying and have things cranked up!

Didn't I read one of your posts earlier that said you worked at the Audio Connection? Ask Dave or Jason how much current the subs draw.. they should be able to tell ya pretty easily!

So you were running more than one sunfire off of a single wall outlet? No, I didnt work for the Audio Connection i worked for another store in Southern Indiana for awhile i have been in the Audio Connection and talked to both dave and jason but neither knew the exact amount of current drawed by a sunfire. Do you know what size the fuse in the back panel of one of your sunfires is?

Not sure what amperage the fuses are in the back of the subs.. didn't want to kill my tunage to yank one outcwm1.gif I've probably got a White Paper around here somewhere with that info, but it ain't handy. As far as the circuits go.. prior to my adding the dedicated lines, I plugged my cinema grand and one sub into the older style 2-prong recepticals in my living room. As far as I know, only ONE 20 amp breaker fed those older plugs. At extreme volume, I would notice some fluctuation (flickering) in the room's lighting----- as well as cracking plaster, and general chaos as things fell off shelves!