Try www.hifiengine.com For Manuals

BLSamuel

A local pawn shop has a nice looking Nakamichi Music Bank CD Player 3. This is a model with 6 disc built in changer plus normal disc tray. They want $49.95. The owner says it works in that they put in a CD and it plays.

Some quick research it appears these can jam internally. Worse with the earlier models. One post said easy to jam if turn off power whiile the internal changer mechanism is operation like turning off the power after pressing stop and it's not completed stopping.

The belts also wear out. Were available for $18.95 now $24.95. From what I've read good build quality and parts.

So I can buy a disposalbe Blu-Ray player for $50 on sale these days. At least I think I saw one for that.

But it has a headphone amplifier. So if it works. Working to me would be plays at beginning, middle, and end of CD fine and the headphone amplifier works I think I'll get it for my desk. Unless it's already sold.

Pretty nice looking unit. This pic not the one in the pawn shop.

Nakamichi_MB-3_out_600x373_pixels.gif

Anyway. Researching a bit more. I've found a new site for free electronics manual that I was not aware of before.

www.hifiengine.com

I was able to find and download a pdf copy of the service manual for this unit so I'll be able to find all 3 belts should I buy it and need to replace the belts. I only find a service manual so that may be all they have. The free manuals are below link to buy manuals. You may have to register and create an account but I'm not sure. They have an HK 930 service manual though I didn't see one for AVR85 which I have but one can or could download HK manuals from Harman Kardon. Somebody had posted a link somewhere on the Forum for one of the HK x30 twin power (dual power supply) receivers. I found others, including for my AVR85 which does need some work, by changing the model number.

I've found a few at Retrevo.com. I've yet to pay for a manual though one can easily pay for a manual that can be found for free. Oddly enough the Nak CD player I found a service manual but no user manual. Probably just need to look harder.

I will probably get it if it plays well at begining, middle, and end of disk. Might put up with slow tray but not balky. And the headphone amplifier must work as it will be for listening at work. Will probably pass if Music Bank feature doesn't work but on the other hand if single play works a non-working Music Bank may just mean it comes with a bonus disc jamming the mechanism.

And it may be gone by the time I get there.

I need to fix my Teac CD recorder. Has the automagic track identification so I think with a bit of reading and practicing is probably the easiest way to digitize my LP collection. And I think the USB phono pre-amp with analog to digital converter will do not better than standard 44.1 K CD standard. Not sure it can even be changed.