How do I attach SB-1s to a wall?

Dr. Dave

I've got these new Synergy SB-1s that I want up on the wall (not high) rather than sitting on top of my Cornwalls, as they are now. They have a nice screw hole in the back for attachment to a wall mounting bracket. I've looked all around the Klipsch site, and can find no such mounts for sale. Any suggestions? Where should I look, and what should I use? Any online sources? Any ideas will be greatly appreciated!

Doug, as usual, your suggestion was right on target! Omnimount.com led me quickly to a table of speaker manufacturers ( where I chose Klipsch), and then to a long, clickable list of Klipsch speakers. I clicked on SB-1 and got a page of info on what I needed - UMK-25RST. Fast & easy. Kinda strange that there was no info with these speakers on wall mounting brackets, etc. Nothing I could find on the whole Klipsch website, either. Again, I owe ya...

SB-1's and other Klipsch models with T nut mounting hardware use 1/4 - 20 machine screws. That is 1/4" diameter with 20 threads per inch. This is the most common size in the world of consumer speaker brackets, but you can also just go down to your local hardware store and purchase molly bolts which use the same thread and diameter. A molly bolt will cost less than fifty cents each and will offer secure (though non adjustable angle) mounting.

We should put this info somewhere on the bb'd. Thanks for calling this lapse to our attention.

Bob

• 9 months later...

Dr. Dave

Will you please post on how the sb-1's sound as surround speakers. Thanks

------------------

Home Theater:

Yamaha RX-V1000

Klipsch RF-3's

Klipsch KSC-C1(LOOKING FOR A RC-3 OR RC-3II)

Klipsch Subwoofer KSW-12

Television: TOSHIBA THEATER VIEW 50"

DVD Player SONY S-360

CD Changer CDC 509 5 Disc Yamaha comming soon.

monster cable interconnects/12 gauge speaker wire