My S4 Earphones Are Terrible

beachside777

I received my new S4 earphones yesterday. They were purchased from and shipped by Amazon. The volume is low and the bass is extremely weak. Since good bass is a claim of these earphones, I'm perplexed. I'm using them with a SanDisk mp3 player. The original earbuds sound better than the S4 earphones. The $10 pair of Sony earbuds I bought are light years better than the S4 earphones. Do the S4 earphones require more power than lesser priced earphones? If so, I'll just keep them until I buy a new smartphone. If they're faulty, back they go.

Hi beachside777,

Sorry you are disappointed with your Image S4s. I assure you that this is not the normal experience. Couple things to ask/point out...

- Did Amazon.com sell and ship your headphones themselves? As I am sure you know, Amazon draws from a bunch of dealers some of which are not authorized Klipsch dealers.

- Fiddle with different ear tips for your Image S4s. People's opinion on sound quality seems to be related to the seal they are able to achieve with different ear tips.

- If you believe the product is broken, please call Klipsch customer support at 800-KLIPSCH

• 2 weeks later...

I received my new S4 earphones yesterday. They were purchased from and shipped by Amazon. The volume is low and the bass is extremely weak. Since good bass is a claim of these earphones, I'm perplexed. I'm using them with a SanDisk mp3 player. The original earbuds sound better than the S4 earphones. The $10 pair of Sony earbuds I bought are light years better than the S4 earphones. Do the S4 earphones require more power than lesser priced earphones? If so, I'll just keep them until I buy a new smartphone. If they're faulty, back they go.

Low volume, Weak Bass. Happened to me when i switched out the medium ear buds (which fit me right) and tried the 'cool' double flanged buds [:D] The sound was weak, hollow and bass just poof! disappeared. Getting the earbud fit/size right is important, it's possible that none of the the sizes included work for you in that case try Comply T-100 Foam Ear tips. Just do a search on youtube and you'll find quite a few reviews.

• 2 months later...

I totally agree and strongly believe it is a very easy fix if Klipsch will listen and take a little initiative. In my case, the "large" ear tips aren't large enough to offer an appropriately tight fit ensuring quality bass. I even spent the extra money to buy the double flange "large" which actually made it worse. Suspecting a larger ear tip was the key, I removed the original "large" Klipsch tips and replaced with an older pair of cheap (but larger) Griffin ear tips and the sound was absolutely incredible: deep bass, excellent mid-range, and astounding treble. By the way, I have average ears so this situation cannot be rare.

It is astounding to me that a company with the technical expertise of Klipsch refuses to respond to the significant number of S4 owners who complain about the poor bass. Offer a larger "large" ear tip for crying out loud and make a whole lot of Klipsch owners very happy.

There are actually a large

I totally agree and strongly believe it is a very easy fix if Klipsch will listen and take a little initiative. In my case, the "large" ear tips aren't large enough to offer an appropriately tight fit ensuring quality bass. I even spent the extra money to buy the double flange "large" which actually made it worse. Suspecting a larger ear tip was the key, I removed the original "large" Klipsch tips and replaced with an older pair of cheap (but larger) Griffin ear tips and the sound was absolutely incredible: deep bass, excellent mid-range, and astounding treble. By the way, I have average ears so this situation cannot be rare.

It is astounding to me that a company with the technical expertise of Klipsch refuses to respond to the significant number of S4 owners who complain about the poor bass. Offer a larger "large" ear tip for crying out loud and make a whole lot of Klipsch owners very happy.

Actually, not trying to be rude, but from what I have seen/heard, more S4 owners think the S4s lean towards the bassier side.

We offer five different ear tips and A LOT of research went into picking the sizing and shapes. I am very sorry to hear that you could not find a fit directly from Klipsch that suited your needs. We really do not mean to exclude anyone.