Why do i only get the buzz in dolby digital not THX

Mborso1029

So ive been trying to understand why i only get the background buzzing out of all of my speakers when im in a Dolby format; Dolby digital; PLxll or Ex....i have a onkyo 809, if i switch to a THX mode it completely dissapears and i have been using the thx formats but i just realized they're making everything alot flatter, in the last month i have gotten my RF 7lls, rc 64ll and RS 62lls. i never switch back to the Dolby formats but did recalibrate a few times and tweek teh crossovers, tonight i have switched back to the Dolby format and they sound like completely different speakers....more full sounding. But my question is what does the receiver do differently for the thx than the DD ex. the buzzing is only there in the dolby digital formats im just trying to understand why. Will powering these with a external amp help or worsen the noise feedback. also if this was interference noise wouldnt it be apparent in all formats