Rear-surounds...

Joe D

JoeD:

Unless you just have Dolby ProLogic, there is a lot more than that in the rear channels.

Dolby Digital and DTS have full-range, separate channels in the rear. Even if you have ProLogic only, you want two speakers on the rear for some basic ambience and in that case, direct radiators will do OK.

I'm sorry for the confusion, I wasn't very clear the first time.

I'm actually referring to the second set of surround speakers for a 6.1 DTS-ES setup. So, the rear-surrounds I'm referring to are IN ADDITION to the typical fronts, center, and surrounds.

- Joe D.

boa12 said:

>>which speaks & components are u using now?

boa12, I actually currently only have a Nakamichi 500 receiver, and Jamo speakers, but I'm buying a Denon 3801, and Reference Series Klipsch's (RF-3's, RC-3, and RS-3's). I haven't actually purchased them yet, but I will within the next few weeks.

So, I'm just trying to get some opinions ahead of time, so I can just buy everything all at once.

Thanks,

- Joe D.

Phil, You mentioned 5 channel music. Read about it in Sound&Vision but have not heard it. Is it as good as I hope it is? Iam a huge fan of Neil Young and he seems to think it is the hottest thing since sliced bread. Ithink he is approaching it the right way. The front three channels being the band and the rears being audience and room ambience,