KSW 10 Subwoofer Hook Up Questions

Hoping someone can help out a novice. I traded some items and ended up with a Klipsch KSW 10 Subwoofer and a Marantz Receiver ( unsure of the model # ) I believe it has hook ups in the back for 4 different speakers total. I am just hooking this up to listen to music directly to the receiver so I can listen to CD's

So I have some embarassing questions.

1) Can I even hook it up to this old receiver ?

2) Do I just hook the pos on the back to the pos on the back of the receiver and the same for the negative ? I assume maybe run 2 speakers to Channel A and then hook up the sub to channel B ?

3) If you do not use monster cable, what guage wire is the best

4) I am using it in a garage, so it is just on a concrete floor ? Any other suggestions

5) Any additional comments are welcomed.

I know this might seem lame, so mean people please resond somewhere else. Many thanks to all the good comments that will help me.

The Texasbonecrusher~ Long Live Led Zepplin

• Moderators

Welcome

Yes red, positive to the same on the speaker and the same with black, neg, match them from speaker to receiver.

Forget monster cable, use something like #16 or even better #14 speaker wire, brand does not matter.

About the sub, someone else may have to help with this, I don't know if the KSW 10 has line level or like on my sub amp it's called high level connections?

Does the sub amp have a place to connect speaker wires or just where you plug in a cable ?

Either way there is a way to connect the sub, does the Marantz have a sub pre-out on the back, a place to plug a sub in ?

It can be done but I don't know what kind of Marantz you have or what connections are on the Ksw10.

If no one else see's this and knows about these models I will try to help with a guess ! [:P] Don't worry we won't blow anything up.......on purpose.

Welcome

Welcome to the forum, BoneCrusher.

1) Can I even hook it up to this old receiver ?

Yes. There, my work here is done.

Oh, OK.

2) Do I just hook the pos on the back to the pos on the back of the receiver and the same for the negative ? I assume maybe run 2 speakers to Channel A and then hook up the sub to channel B ?

Yep, that should work just fine. I think the KSW-10 has inputs for both L and R, so use both.

3) If you do not use monster cable, what guage wire is the best

#14 is fine, #16 too. Use #12 if you want to feel you've got thick wire going to your sub, but you really won't notice the difference.

4) I am using it in a garage, so it is just on a concrete floor ? Any other suggestions

Put a carpet remnant or a towel under the sub. Too much echo if you don't damp the concrete floor a bit.

mean people please resond somewhere else

Name like BoneCrusher, I think the mean people won't respond at all. Unless they're stupid and mean, of course.

Enjoy,

Lou

• Moderators

Name like BoneCrusher, I think the mean people won't respond at all. Unless they're stupid and mean, of course.

Hey I did respond and I can be mean and stupid without hardly trying. [A] Anyway I'm not scared of BoneCrusher at all, he could never find my house. [Y]

Thanks for helping LFH.