How to do the DeanG mod

plissken99

On the floorstanders, I think each part replaced is the same as the original except it is of higher quality. Just swap out parts with like parts. If I recall correctly, he adds an additional resistor in parallel to an existing resistor on the HF board. I don't remember what he does on the center channel other than replace like parts with higher quality ones. There's the extra resistor there too but the center channel is laid out differently than the mains.

Guest davidness

From DeanG in a previous thread: 2 of each: 5uF Kimber, 12uF Kimber, and 18uF Jantzen CrossCap, 1 ohm
Mills, 2 ohm Mills, 10 ohms Mills. Parallel the 10 and 2 and place in
the 2 ohm position on the HF board (next to to 18uF cap). All parts
available through www.partsexpress.com

There are several threads on this, like here, and here. Here are some great pics and discussion of my updated RF-7 crossovers.

I won't be doing the mod personally, I have a friend who works on amps and speakers all the time, even builds guitar amps from scratch who will do it free. Those pics look good, but will it be obvious to him as to what to do? Here are the parts I have, per Deans instructions

3 Dayton Audio 12UF 250v capacitor

3 Mills 10 OHM 12w non conductive resistor

3 Mills 1 OHM 12w non conductive resistor

3 Mills 2 OHM 12w non conductive resistor

3 Kimber KAP 4.7UF 200v capacitor

3 Jantzen 18UF 400v crosscap capacitor

It would be great to get a specific list of what replaces what. Which is what I had from Dean, if only he would return my emails.