Warranty repair in Canada

RLBURNSIDE

Hello forum, I am writing here because I do not know where else to turn to. I bought some THX Ultra 2 speakers in 2009. I now live in Canada, and have a blown compression driver in one or possibly two (fronts), and I'm not sure what to do because Gentec is refusing to honor my warranty claims, saying I need to ship my speakers back to the US (in Las Vegas!) where I bought them. This is outrageous. I paid top dollar for my speakers from an authorized dealer, and I expect my warranty to be upheld.

Has anyone else had problems with Klipsch warranties in Canada? I have valid receipts and the date of purchase is far within the warranty period of 5 years.

If someone from Klipsch could please answer me so I can get back to enjoying these speakers, my TV sound sucks!! :) thx

RLBURNSIDE, what happened??? I'm in Canada too and am interested in what went down. I hear Gentec isn't good at much! My Klipsch dealer stopped carrying Klipsch because of them. I have a B&M store to go to now but get the B&M service. [:(] I don't want to switch brands, guess we'll see.