Mixing old and new components... help?

Gumpo10k

ok guys, ive got a question... but first a little bacground on my current home audio system.

Receiver/Cd player/Tape player: Sony MHC

Surround Speakers: Cruddy Little Sony's

Front Side Speakers A: crappy Sony's

Front side speakers b: big OLD panasonics

Center: Klipsch RC-3 (praise the lord, a good speaker!)

Subwoofer: none, adding Klipsch in near future

(and klipsch 4.1 for my computer)

ok, now that ta'll know what i have, i will tell you im adding some more klipsch in the future, just right now im a little low on cash...

Anyway, my Sony Receiver is pretty much a peice of crap, and im trying to add some more Bass into my system, without buying a subwoofer... ill be getting one of them l8er, but for now, im trying to do something a little strange to compromise for lack of bass.

Ok, so those Old Panasonic speakers i have, they also have an older receiver. their receiver, hard to beleive it, is more powerful then my sony. unfortunately, my sony does surroundsound, while the panasonic is too old to do that, and it can only do stereo. now what i wanted to do was plug my panasonics into the panasonic receiver, and plug the panasonic into my sony, to kinda use it as an amplifer and equilizer, which it has, to make my front speakers produe a little more bass. the only problem is, The Panasonic's Auxilary input is in RCA, and the only output i have on my Sony is the stripped speaker wire kind, crappy spring clips, that is.

So i got myself some RCA cables, and i cut off the ends, revealing two seperate wires inside both the left and right RCA wire. I was going to test them for Polarity with a nifty meter, but i couldnt get anything. My friend told me that RCA cables dont have polarity, so now, im wondering if its even possible to hook up my Sony to my Panasonic.

can anyone help me out a lil?

(really, im just afraid to plug in the RCA because if i dont get the polarity right, which there doesnt seem to be one, im afraid it might cause me some problems... dont want anything blowing up on me, ya know)

thanks alot,

Methane Man

Please step away from the receivers! Seriously -- DO NOT attempt to feed the output of one receiver which is speaker level into the rca or line level connections of the other. You definately will do damage. My suggestion to you is to define a budget and look for another receiver to do the job. If you were to replace the mains with a klipsch product such as the rf3II's with a 98 db sensitivity, with a smaller receiver such as mine, the marantz sr 4200, you will be able to comfortably hit above 115 db without even breaking a sweat. Delegate the panasonic mains for rear channel duties while you find someone to buy your other receivers and speakers. Not to hard -- especially for students looking for good deals. You already have an awesome center channel - so why not comliment it with other klipsch mains -- you won't beleive the difference!