AVR vs. Seperate Pre/Pro

jreene

• Moderators

My UMC-1 takes about 5 - 7 seconds to switch. I only have two sources. PS3 and Digital to Analong Converter for watching over the air TV. It's definitely not pretty during the switch, nothing smoothe about it, but I can live with less than 10 seconds.

It's really not as complex as it appears. It did take me a bit to get used to the UMC-1 but once you understand how everything is laid out within the UMC-1 menu, it's very easy to get around within the menu. Now I see it as flexibility instead of complexity.

I still have a LOT to learn in the EQ part but more importantly, the room treatment department.

The guy that sold it to me said it had the latest updates, but I have no way to know. He seemed pretty straight forward. Heres one thing that i noticed, going from watching a movie or TV where my projector is hooked in to the HDMI out, to just listening to music takes no time at all, like a couple seconds if that. Going from music to something using my projector takes a minute or so....

Alright my unit does have the latest update. Do you think its possible that because projector scans through the inputs that it might "hop" over the HDMI input because the UMC cant load it fast enough? The HDMI is the only input being used on my projector? Ill be honest, this is kind of frustrating having to wait up to 5 min to get everything synced up. Im having thoughts of getting an Onk with pre-outs, but I want to make sure everything is right on the UMC before I make up my mind. I really like the UPA-1. Tons of clean power.