Protecting my KSW12?

ponykiller

I've posted on here before about my ferrets having their way with my sub. They've crawled inside and tore up the foam... poked holes in the driver. I have a new KSW12 sub and want to protect it somehow. Right now, I just disconnect the thing and move it to my dinning room table for protection. But, could I get some type of screen to protect the sub/port? How would this effect the sound?

Get a automotive 5" speaker grill.Should prevent the rats from nesting in the sub. Wink.gif

The other way is to put the whole system in a closed room.Three rooms in my place are closed at all times to keep my big and mean cat from tearing the cables and speaker corners into shreds.After losing a few interconects and the corners of a coffe table I had my lesson.

Remember cats and ferrets are curious and will experiment with you gear as they see fit,NOT GOOD.

Keep them out of the room,simple and it works.

TheEAR(s) NOw theears

Ferret's are NOT Rat's!!!

Ferret's are cute and cuddely carnivor's.

Hey, my 17 pound cat went into my subwoofer. He was just looking around, though.

------------------

Receiver: Sony STR-DE675

CD player: Sony CDP-CX300

Turntable: Technics SL-J3 with Audio-Technica TR485U

Speakers: JBL HLS-610

Subwoofer: JBL 4648A-8

Sub amp: Parts Express 180 watt

Center/surrounds: Teac 3-way bookshelfs

Yes, it sucks, but better to come. KLIPSCH soon! My computer is better than my stereo!

"Ferret's are NOT Rat's!!!"

NOOOOOOOOOOOO really I did not know. cwm27.gif

17lbs is almost a heavyweight cat,my monster weighs 24lbs! Cant pass tru ports,not even the RF-7 ones! Was under one pound when arrived home.

TheEAR(s) Now theears

Who doesn't like ferret's? I mean, really, they are so damn cute!...Unless they eat your other pets...

My cat went through a 5" port that is 6" long. I stiff can't believe it. That would be some good video.

------------------

Yes, it sucks, but better to come. KLIPSCH soon! My computer is better than my stereo!

CUTENESS ALERT!

CUTENESS ALERT!

CUTENESS ALERT!

CUTENESS ALERT!

CUTENESS ALERT!

I want a ferret. I have wanted one for 5+ years. At a local pet shop, I was playing with the babies, they were so sweet.

You can tell I have a soft spot for animals Biggrin.gif

------------------

haha... yeah that is his cute look. that tends to come out after they've been bad. that's not the one who tore the heck out of my sub though... Zane is the foam tearing animal.

I went to Home Depot today and bought some mesh fence material. It's 1/2" x 1/2". As crazy as it sounds, I hot glued it over the port in the back, and for the speaker, I created a box type design. I used hot glue because it is easily removed and will not damage the material. So far so good. Speaker is fully intact and no furballs have ventured in the enclosure.

zane.jpg

This message has been edited by ponykiller on 05-27-2002 at 02:07 PM

Aaahhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh!!!!!!!!

That one is cuter still! I just don't think the cat would like a ferret. I would have to get two.

It's stupid, ferrets are illegal in California (along with everything else) but a lot of people come to Reno to buy ferrets. You drive back through Truckee and you don't have to go past the agricultural check point.

------------------