PWK's 8 Cardinal Rules - Practical Application

Mallette

I can't help but wonder how many here have actually read PWK's seminal work and use it. I was browsing the main Klipsch web site...which wonderfully reflects the heritage of PWK...and after all these years it suddenly hit me why there was not a direct link to the words of the Legend himself on the home page. In fact, I've been wondering how many Klipsch employees have read it. Now, that part worries me as it would certainly be required reading for all who influence the product in any way if I were boss. Here's the problem, IMHO, finally determined after 40 years of being a Klipsch Klan Kognoscente.

Very few would understand how it has influenced the violations of it that characterize the Klipsch line today. Like the greatest komposer of them all, Bach, one cannot break the rules and excell unless you understand them.

Gilliam, to my knowledge the first PWK allowed to do this, did it with extraordinary success with the Kg series. Since then, it is my belief that whether by full understanding of the 8 Card or by simply being exposed to his work each product has met his principles in violating one or more only to the degree required to meet a very specific need at the lowest possible cost.

Brilliant!

So, the 8 Card is sort of the Klipsch equivalent to the coke recipe, except it isn't kept in a vault because only those who really understand it can profit from it. As long as the Klipsch folks judge every effort by precisely WHY they are violating one or more of these fundamental rules all will continue to be well.

If they forget it it, they are just another speaker company firing into the marketplace and hoping for a hit.

In my case, I realized that I judge each and every speaker by these rules without even thinking about it.

Perhaps I am late to this revelation. I'd like to know what you think.

Dave