New Blu-Ray Player

tmassey

Just upgraded my Magnavox NB500MG9. I think this was the cheap entry model of the entry models or the first line of blu-ray players released. I went to Best Buy to, unsuccessfully I might add, find a set of speaker wall mounts and seen a Samsung BD-D6500 open item for 99$. Was able to talk them down to 60$ due to it having a lack of a remote. I figured with a little luck, through Samsung's AnyNet, my TV remote would better serve as a blu-ray remote anyway and it did.

Anyway, onto the point. Because of the huge upgrade from my old one, obviously I am extremely happy with it, though I realize it isn't an Oppo. I just couldn't pass up a chance to see what I could get the Samsung for. I still would eventually like an Oppo BDP-93. I am wondering if anyone around here has any experience with this or the 6700 model. This seems like a pretty good blu-ray player I could live with, but if there are more leaps and bounds to be had with the Oppo, I think I can still fit it into my budge sometime soon.

I cant afford it now but I see a BDP-93 for 405$ shipped over at AVS. Seems like a pretty good deal.

I have the 6500. The first blu ray player i ever purchased besides the ps3 was a BDP1500 samsung....ended up dying within a year...samsung made a mistake and fixed this 1500 and somehow sent me a replacement under warranty with a 1600...that worked good for a little over a year and wouldnt load disk any more. i then say ill give it one more try with samsung purchase a bdc6800...Picture would Go black randomly after it got hot always towards the end of a movie, movie itself didnt matter. so this past christmas i couldnt think of anything to get for christmas so i tell her to get me whatever.....she ends up getting me a bdd6500 its been fine till recently but once again after it gets hot it will start to freeze up and will no longer play the movie, you cant stop pause fast foward, only option is to turn it off. and unless it cools off it continuously does it. i now have to resort to putting it into the ps3. this happened on 2 separate occasions while watching fast five...both times it happened were prolly 5 minutes apart in the ovie. the originaly 1500 that was repaired ive had for over 4 years i believe and its the steadiest one oown.

Samsung is my favorite manufacture but i have to say this might just be my last samsung blu ray purchase. i bought my 64inch 8000 series last may and its the greatest money i could have spent but when it comes to the blu ray i dont think they put that much into them. Most have better luck than me though. everytime they come out with a new line, im the first to say ooo ya maybe they'll be different this time but they have yet to prove me right

I have two Samsung BD players, a BD-D550 and a BD-C5500. The D5500 is a 3D player. They both work flawlessly with great picture quality. I have not had any issues loading disc for movies or audio. The 3D picture is awesome when I use it. I like the BD Live and Allshare functions on the player for other internet/DLNA applications. I am a Samsung fan. I have two of the 3D plasma TV for both HT systems. For me, no reason to upgrade for now since I am very satisfied with these players. I just need the Samsung Galaxy to double as a remote for everything.

I thought I seen an option on the blu-ray player for smartphone apps. I watched the Dark Knight last night, and in the very opening shot when it is zooming in on the first building, there is another whiter building to the left. I used to get extremely bad jitters/jaggies on that building for some reason. For a while I thought it was the AutoMotion Plus on the TV doing it, and I never really bothered to fix it, but with the new player, that seems to all worked out, so I am a very happy camper.

For a while I was having a lot of problems with the Share Hub. It would always say there was an update needed and it would go to the update screen indefinitely. It would also keep telling me I had no network connection, but the network status said everything was fine. When that happened, the only way to fix it was to turn the unit on and off again, but since, I have reset the unit back to factory settings and reconfigured everything and now it works flawlessly. Only wish is they had more music apps. I am not a huge fan of Pandorah. I have recently taken a liking to iHeartRadio, their Classic Rock station is amazing. For those having problems with the unit though, just hold down the stop button on the player for about 8 seconds and it will reset itself. It was extremely helpful.