KP600 System for sale - reposted from other topic

Ram Sound

Hey Trey, first time I stopped by looking at the Klipsch forum in quite a while. Don't really do the social network thing, but am interested if Klipsch is showing any more interest in the pro (portable) sound market. I'm still doing shows from time to time, but mostly sub out whatever gear the client wants. I haven't really been using my full KP600 rig as I usually have to sub out a preferred line array and whatever digital console is the flavor of the year. I can say we used only Klipsch speakers for all our concerts and festivals from 1973-2006. Still use the KP600 system, if I can. We went from pre pro La Scalas and Heresys to MCMs/LSIs/HISMs to KP600s/KP456s/KSM-15s. Our last final system still looks like new - all impeccably maintained top to bottom. If you know anyone that might be interested in picking up probably the most tricked out, packaged KP600 rig ever put together, please let me know. It already paid for itself long ago and I'll deal. All flying hardware, Cloud 9 covers, KP600EC crossovers, cabling, efficient amp rack system, custom, panels, etc. I really don't use it enough to keep it anymore. Also, I have tons of spare KP600 parts from labels, grill cloth, nuts, screws, bolts, drivers, and diaphragms to go along with it. I even have all the original boxes and manuals for every piece of racked gear. I have stacks of Klipsch Pro brochures, KP600 manuals, even a full copy of the stress test data on the 600s, pics of the prototypes we tested, etc. Originally I hadn't thought about breaking all the system apart and was trying to see if I could find a buyer for the turnkey KP600 rig. It's a full 8-stack 600 rig (8 KP650HF-A, 8 KP650LF-A, 4 KP680-A, and 2 KP682-A) all with covers, wheel trays, and complete flying rig (all but the chain motors). All amps are Carver PT1250s, all Whirlwind EP cabling, Ram Sound custom fused input panels, etc. You could just plug the output of a new digital console into left and right inputs and you'd have a system capable of providing concert sound for 6,000+ people. I'll even throw in all the AC/Hubble power cabling. Every single piece is in absolute perfect condition. Besides the main house rig, we have 12 KSM-15IIs all in ATA cases that hold 4 each and 2 KP456As that comprised our monitor rig. Any chance Klipsch would like a mint, ready to go, cased up demo rig of something cool from their past? This rig worked with unbelievable national acts through the years and still sounds better than 90% of what you can buy today.

Bob McTyeire

• Like 1

• 1 month later...

I'd been in contact with a number of forum members since posting info about our KP600 turnkey system for sale. I am retiring and starting to liquidate. I really hated to tear apart one of the most tricked out KP600 systems ever put together. At this point, my time is becoming more important than money. If there's a chance anyone might be interested, drop me a note at RamSound@me.com. I'll let all of the gear go at WAY less than the value splitting it all up. Every piece is in perfect condition, both mechanically AND physically. You're not likely to find any 600s in better condition, not to mention, totally ready to go in perfect working order. No repairs needed - period.

I'll be glad to forward more information and pics. If I haven't worked out something within the next month, I'll start breaking the system apart. I already have a list of people interested in a couple of stacks, but I'd rather sell it all on a super deal. If someone is genuinely interested in having 2 or 4 working stacks. You likely could buy all this gear for less that you'd have to pay to get used ones up and running with all correct parts. With all the gear, spare parts and accessories included, you could sell what you don't want to pay for what you want to keep.

Bob

• 2 weeks later...

Another two weeks have gone by and I decided to update my last post. I've almost given up on working a deal on our package KP600. I was hoping to sell the entire package for what I could liquidate pieces for, but that hasn't worked out yet. Time to move toward Plan B. I realize that most people on this forum are not professional sound uses but collectors, and less likely to want or realize the value of all the associated parts.

So, if anyone wants KP600 boxes, get in touch. I'll sell ours that are in no need of any repair and ready to go for about what other people have been asking for boxes missing parts, drivers, grills, etc. If you own non working KP600s, you can likely buy mine ready to go for less than the missing correct parts would cost. We also have tons of mint condition Whirlwind EP4 and EP8 cabling, Klipsch wheel trays, complete flying hardware (enough to fly 24 boxes), drivers, and miscellaneous parts. I do not plan on selling our two custom matched KP600EC crossovers as long as I have working KP600s left. They will likely be sold in a large package OR after all our KP600 boxes are gone. Whirlwind cables I'll sell for 1/2 end column dealer cost from Whirwind. New ones could cost 2 to 3 times that.

If, after another month, I still have 600s, I'll look into tearing them apart. If anyone needs actual parts, drivers, grill cloth frames, or any other part, let me know. I feel I can sell parts that are in demand for what I'll let the boxes go for. One way or another, these are leaving our shop. I also have Cloud 9 covers for KP600s, and (2) like new, KP682s with Cloud 9 covers.

I can be reached at 850-664-6859. Let me know what you're interested in and I'll get price and availability info back to you. I do have possible deals out there that might tie up some pieces, but I should know about those very soon. Money talks and the gear walks.

• 3 weeks later...

Update on our gear. I've sold all the gear I own. Another sound company has bought all our KP600 system along with all the sound gear we own. As far as Klipsch, it was 8 stacks of KP600 speakers, 2 KP-456s, 12 KSM-15IIs. With my company approaching our 40th Anniversary, it is a weird feeling realizing we won't own any sound equipment. I guess I'll still be working for a bit, but sub-ing out all gear.

• Like 1