RW-12D Issues.

Halomaster0007

I'm having a bit of an ear sore with this new hulk of a sub. Bought it off newegg a few months ago and have been having this ever persistent rattle/wobble noise. I will post a vid, or link to the vid that demonstrates the noise. It occurs during movies/music at all settings on the sub I've tried and from normal listening volume and up.

All of my speakers are connected via standard speaker wire leading into an SDR-DH800 receiver which is in turn connected to a Sony blu-ray player/Sony 55 inch TV/Xbox 360.

Receiver: http://www.amazon.com/Sony-STR-DH800-7-1-Channel-Audio-Receiver/dp/B001YQ9T8I
TV: http://www.amazon.com/Sony-Grand-KDS-55A2020-55-Inch-Projection/dp/B000NK76VS/ref=pd_sxp_f_pt

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-lhVNGGxKB4

No embedding I guess... well link is there, the sound occurs a lot in the first 20 seconds.

I should add that it is nothing that is on top of it, or in the general vascinity. I have isolated the sub and the noise still emanates from it.

and have been having this ever persistent rattle/wobble noise

Have you checked the front port chute to see if it is loose? These can come loose during shipping / handling and may need to be re-glued.

You should probably just contact newegg as you are within your warranty. Their customer service department is outstanding. I had to replace one of mine on a shipping damage issue and received a new one in 3 days.

You should probably just contact newegg as you are within your warranty. Their customer service department is outstanding. I had to replace one of mine on a shipping damage issue and received a new one in 3 days.

I was actually thinking about that, but the Newegg warranty is only like 30 days right or do they include replacement in the manufacturer's warranty? I'm pretty well confused on this too I guess. I've never had to deal with returns/warrantys prior to this sub. It was purchased by my father as a 'going away' present... roughly 4-5 months ago so it should still be under the 2 years parts and labor.

It's the plastic port tube, you can just stick you hand in the port tube, and once you stick you hand in there you should be able to feel were it connects, if you feel a little gap just pull it together, and if that doesnt work you can take the woofer out and glue were the plastic port tube meets, using EPOXY.