I'll have a little Heresy on the side.....

I was thinking about Cornwall verticals and wondering if there was room on the baffle (of a Heresy) to orient the horns vertically like the old
Cornwall's. I measured the mid horn, nope no room. The the Homer moment hit me. If you want to know what the old Cornwall vertical orientation sounds like and you have a pair of Heresy just turn the 90 degrees onto their sides. Presto vertical Heresy. You will need to raise them up so the will sound right 30 - 32 inches up off the floor will get the speaker centred on your ear when seated. You will also want to adjust the toe in so that you are looking straight down the throats of the mid horns. They sound very good this way. Give it a try if you were ever curious. Hope this is of interest to some here. Best regards Moray James.

• Moderators

I hear no real difference, I don't see why some have a problem with the vertical horn. I listen to a center forte and 3 rears like that, they fit the room like this, only choice really. But sounds fine to me, I wouldn't hesitate.

I was thinking about Cornwall verticals and wondering if there was room on the baffle (of a Heresy) to orient the horns vertically like the old
Cornwall's. I measured the mid horn, nope no room. The the Homer moment hit me. If you want to know what the old Cornwall vertical orientation sounds like and you have a pair of Heresy just turn the 90 degrees onto their sides. Presto vertical Heresy. You will need to raise them up so the will sound right 30 - 32 inches up off the floor will get the speaker centred on your ear when seated. You will also want to adjust the toe in so that you are looking straight down the throats of the mid horns. They sound very good this way. Give it a try if you were ever curious. Hope this is of interest to some here. Best regards Moray James.

I also think so.