Heresys or KLF-20s

Hi,

I am setting up a new 5.1 channel system with older speakers. I mainly listen to 2 channel stereo but will also use the system for movies and probably DTS and DD music. I will be using a Heresy for the center channel and a paif of KSF-S5's for the surround sound speakers (rears). I'm not interested in timber matching so that is not a concern. My concern is if I should use Heresy's (original) for the mains or a pair of KLF-20s (both speakers are available to me. I would imagine both speakers have sound smilar. Although, I've never heard the 20s. I'm wondering if the 20s would make a better main speaker because it has 2 10" woofers and the sound may be richer then a Heresy that is driving a 12" woofer. I know there is more to this equation then just that. Crossovers, cabinet size and design all factor in. I would appreciate advice for anyone who is familiar with the KLF-20 and the Heresy and which speaker would make a better main speaker??

Thanks

This message has been edited by trader on 05-31-2002 at 03:13 PM

trader,

i have both heresy's and klf20's. at the present time i am only using the heresy's for 2 channel.

the speakers sound totally different. i would listen to both before buying. i don't think anyone can tell you what will sound good to you.

if this makes any difference i would get rid of my klf20's before i would my heresy's.

what kind of equipment are you using? that will make a difference to the sound of your system.

good luck in your choice.

danny

Hi,

I thought the KLF-20 might sound fuller than the Heresy due to the 10" woofers and lower cut off. I'm running a sub so I guess the Heresy is the speaker I'll use. This will save me some hassles too since I already own the Heresys and was considering selling them and buying a pair of KLF-20s from a guy I know. I own 3 pair of Heresy that I've been collecting on Ebay. The last pair I bought has a cast squaker which means they are older Heresys: HWO 20p1717. Now I have to find the posts on how to read this serial number.

Thanks..I respect everyones opinion here.....