KG 5.5 (vs) Forte II

bobcoe

I'm using the KGs as mains, and have a chance to have a pair of IIs delivered to a location nearby for me to pick up.

Do you think the time and effort to replace my present setup would be worth the trouble? Your comments on this will be much appreciated, as I need to decide ASAP.

Thank you, Bob

Dennie, thanks for the reply...I just now agreed to buy the F IIs for $450, delivered tonight to within 20 miles of where I am. One of the final questions I had for the seller was to ask about the condition of the passive radiators...he said that the radiator in one speaker had incurred a 1/2" hole somehow last summer. He said both speakers were taken to a stereo shop, and the shop recovered (replaced? I'm not sure...) both passive radiators (for $70.)

Do you (anyone) have any suggestions on what I should be concerned about re the passives?

All comments are appreciated, Bob

Forte II's for 450 is a good price if they are in nice shape. Well done.

WRT the passives, I wouldn't worry too much about them. I heard a pair with a large hole in one of the passives and they sounded great. I then heard them again with a replaced passive and they sounded......great. It was a few months apart, but I'm not sure if I could even tell the difference.

If you ever decided to resell them and the passives were crummy looking as a result of the repair then you may suffer a bit on price. But not much. I'd be much more concerned with the shape of everything on the front and the look of the cabs. They're pretty big. It's important to me that they look good since they occupy a fair amount of real estate. They're like breasts, they're hard not to look at. And if they're NICE, they're really nice to look at. Can I say that here????