Advice

Chaunceybland

I hope it isn't taboo to ask advice about Klipsch vs other speakers here!!! For the last 2 months I have been going back and forth between Klipsch, Mirage, and Polk. At this point I think Mirage has dropped out and it's between the Polk A7/A9 and the Klipsch RF-62/82. If anyone has any experience with comparing these speakers, please let me know. I'm leaning toward the RF-82, but not sure. Speakers will mainly be used for Home Theater/Sports and a little music from time to time. Initial source will be HK 354 with the addition of an external amp in a month or so. I listed what I'm interested in, but I think it's really between the A9 and the RF-82. Suggestions?

The only other speakers ive compared Klipsch to were the Polk Audio TSI-200, and back then i also had my Klipsch RB-61's, and i found the Klipsch RB-61's to be much better at every aspect, but thats just my opinion. I dont not say that as being a Klipsch lover, its my personal opinion.

So I'm new to the forum but I have been around both types of speakers my parents have a polk system. They have had it for many years. It is mostly used for TV watching and with movies. I can't remember what type or model they are. I can find out and get back to you on this. This system was awesome I really enjoyed listening to it. I do think it could be updated w/ a newer reciever. I think polk is lacking in the mains and center compare to Klipsh but that's my own opinion. I do thin Polk is great sounding but when you listen/ watch of everything it's plane ol hard to be Klipsh.

My system I have I love. I probably watch 40/40/20 on TV, movies and music. But quite honestly since I've added an amp to my system I find myself streaming Pandora hours before work. Before I joined the forum I had just all the speakers I mention expect the Paradigm and I was using just the Marantz. My reciever allowed me to Bi Amp my speakers which I felt I could tell a difference in clarity and sound. With that said Klipsh can carry there own when it comes to speaker. My recommendation is going w/ them. Right one on ebay they have a deal for 82's w/ the 64 center for 1.5k not a bad price considering new they are over 2.5k ish.

If you are looking for an amp I have a few that I've came into contact with that I might be willing to sell.

I have both Klispch and Polk systems now. Until my recent acquisition of my KLF-30 mains (moving my 20's to surround duty), my surrounds were Polk Monitor 70's and I liked it very much. Personally - if I'd never heard KLF's then I likely would have been very happy with my Monitors. I began life with a pair of Fisher towers from the 70's and replaced them with Bose to be replaced with Polk and Klipsch. I think Polk is rated below Klipsch and their efficiency ratings are less. My Polk Monitor 70's have front firing ports while my KLF's have rear ports. The Polks are a bit smaller and thus more useable in more room sizes - however I don't think there is a better sounding Music speaker than Klipsch - althouh for movies I was quite happy with the Polks as surrounds mated with my KLF-20 mains at the time.

As a comparison, I presently have over $3000 in my Klipsch (used) system and barely $1600 in the Polk (new and factory refurbished) - including receivers. I enjoy my Legend KLF's very very much and am grateful I found them. But I think a lot of people (as in "john Q public") would be pretty happy listening to my Polk set up for the price point.